Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas


Somehow it is very difficult to bring out the right green colour of my tatting when placed on different backgrounds. I have tried is on a red cushion but the green showed up as lemon green! Here are 2 different backgrounds I have used to show the beaded, supposedly to be a snowflake, but I have used green yarn instead. I like it better on the cream colour bobbin lace table cloth bought years ago. This tatted piece pattern was taken from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn called "Wheel of Nine Rings".






2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite patterns! I do not see it much. but I have shown it on tat-ology a few times. The first one I did was in green and reddish colours - with pink. I think I might have to pull out the pattern now!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, would love to see how it would look with different combination of colours. Glad this gives you the inspiration to tat this again. Have a good day ahead.

    ReplyDelete