Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Besides tatting, I am interested in other crafts too - origami, quilting, felt piecing, embroidery, painting, etc.  All these excite me and seeing what I have created makes me happy.  What have I been doing during this Circuit Breaker period?  I looked into my stash of fabrics and found some unfinished quilt blocks.  Managed to piece them together and added borders to them.

This first quilt block looks Christmacy which is not meant to be.  It is supposed to be Williamsburg Star by Mary Hickey from the book Quick & Easy Quiltmaking.  Instructions of making the bias triangles are very simple and clear in this book.
Above quilt is granny squares blocks using whatever scraps I have in the stash.  I have now managed to put borders on this piece and did a mitre corner as well!  So happy to see how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment