Tuesday, August 11, 2020

This sewing machine belonged to my mother in law who passed away in 2014.  The machine used to sit on a little wooden cupboard with beautiful iron cast pedal/legs.  However one day without our knowledge she got her helper to remove the top, threw the pedal, cupboard down at the bottom of her flat and sent the machine to someone to have a handle fitted to the handwheel.  We were shock and tried to retrieve the cupboard and pedal but someone had already taken them away.  A great treasure for that person who picked it up.  Anyway, I inherited the sewing machine.  It was bought in 1950 and should be 70 years old now.   I even have the receipt and a small worn out instruction manual of this vintage sewing machine. The present iron cast pedal with a marble top was given to me by my sister in law when she moved home and it is now sitting at my home too.  The sewing machine is still functional and manual.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment