Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Durians ! How I came to love durians so much I believe the journey started last year (2008) when my "gee" bought a box of Mao Sun Wang home. They were solid and full of the custardy (if there is this word in the dictionary) fruit. I fell in love with it. Every day I would look forward to going home just to savour one seed every evening.

Well, for this year, gee again pampered me with durians. As I craved for them in May, he surprised me on evening by buying a box from Geylang at a cut throat price. They are not mao sun wang but good anyway. Then in June, we tried for the first time the stall at Dempsey carpark. Apparently Ah Tee has been selling there for 40 years and we have not even bothered to take a look at his durians. His durians are good ! Met Yoke Toh, Fu Yen and Yi Ann there too!! Their first time as well. We bought the Kaya and another local.

Gee went to Dempsey again 2 weeks later to look for MSW but instead brought back local durians again but they are very very good too.

Last week, after our crab meal at Ghim Moh, the stall next to the restaurant was selling MSW at $8/kg and we bought one too. It was delicious !!

Look at the seed of MSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment