Wednesday, June 24, 2009

THANK YOU LORD

We have a guest speaker, Maria Broersma, who is a gifted YWAM teacher currently based in Singapore. She brought to us a message entitled "God Remembers" at both E2 & E3 services at St James Church. She has a good sense of humour and always speaks in idioms to those close to her. She tells us the God has a memory like a steel trap. Why did she said that? When she was young her dad would place a huge trap to trap mice and when these mice are trapped they are definitely trapped and cannot escape. I was very encouraged by the sermon - God sees, God knows, never forgets and God rewards for our service to him.

Today, I received an email from Susan with the following encouraging words again,


" Hi all, I do not think it is a coincidence that my eldest daughter shared with me the above song after she came back from Cebu on Sunday and the lyrics are exactly in congruence to last Sunday's sermon (God Remembers). I believe God is reassuring all of us who are serving him in big or small ways that it is all worthwhile. Be encouraged. I am attaching the lyrics but you can listen to the song on Y-Tube.

Lyrics from the song: THANK YOU FOR GIVING TO THE LORD

I dreamed I went to heaven
And you were there with me;
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea
We heard these angels singing
Then someone called your name
We turned and saw this young man running
And he was smiling as he came.

And he said, “Friend you may not know me now.”
And then he said, “But wait,
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight
And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start
one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart.”

Chorus: so THANK YOU FOR GIVING TO THE LORD
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you
said, “Remember the time
A missionary came to your church
And his pictures made you cry.
You didn’t have much money,
But you gave it anyway.
Jesus took the gift you gave
And that’s why I’m in heaven today.”

Repeat Chorus.


One by one they came
Far as your eyes could see.
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity.
Little things that you had done
Sacrifices made,
they went unnoticed on the earth
In heaven, now proclaimed.

And I know up in heaven
You’re not supposed to cry
But I am almost sure
I saw tears in your eyes.
As Jesus took your hand
And you stood before the Lord
He said, “My child, look around you.
Great is your reward.”

Repeat Chorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzhFyNp3Ja8
"Thank You" By Ray Boltz

No comments:

Post a Comment